Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Epiphanies and Aspirations.

Well, I have stumbled back onto my blogspot, after a really long absence. Nothing much to report, but I do have astounding news and astounding things to say.

After working at Waffle House after only 1 week, I have learned the value of how precious it is to get to know new people, while also having close-knit friends too. I get to go visit Frankie in Chapel Thrill tomorrow, and it's gonna be great. (I'll go more in-depth on this later in my facebook.)

But, also, making money in Waffle House is great, since I'm saving up for Spain next summer. I'm going to need a lot of money.... I'm going to need a lot of money regardless since I'm going to be in school more than 4 years, probably about 6 or 7, since I'm going for my PhD in Spanish, which would also require lots of studying abroad... HOORAY!

The thing is, I also found out recently that I have a teensy bit of Spanish blood in me too. That's nice to know, even though it's only a very fraction of my heritage.

It doesn't explain the fact why I'm such a quick study with languages, roots, and all that jazz. I would have been an English major, but English is a fucked up language to begin with. No, I'm not knocking English majors, it's just that the language itself (including MLA formatting) changes quickly and quietly. It's really bad, especially about thaw and unthaw... hehe.

So, anyways, I'll possibly have more pretty soon on here. Being this is the first entry and all, I just want to let everyone know that I'm going to have loads of posts on here (you should see the post count on my facebook: 263) and that I'll have something to say each time, hopefully.

Hooray! Also, I was reading my friend Sachi's blog, and she's literally going to America this summer (check her blog: sachiandpatrick.blogspot.com) to keep track of them--and I was inspired by an idea they grabbed from someone else: trading up items. It's simple and a guy that started with a red paperclip, after a whole year of trading, ended up with a house! I kinda want to do something, but on a pretty small scale... I mean, what would I do with a house? (I'd probably live in it, but still.....) So, I'd probably end up with something kinda medium, hopefully it won't be in the form of property, but let's not rule that out. Hopefully, I can make sure that everyone is happy with the trades and contribute good karma to everyone. I'm not really worried about what I'll end up with, just as long as I make everyone happy, including myself.

Also, more to come! That's kinda all I have to say right now! :-D

See ya all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to her blog? It's "not found" anymore... :(